Monday, May 31, 2010

#50/51 between bags

I first created a dust bag for the bookbag I finished last week. I wanted the bag to be super posh, so I made it out of cotton velvet. Velvet is difficult to sew, so I hand-stitched all but a small part inside that doesn't show. It took hours to make. This might be a bit over the top for a dust bag, but it turned out really well.



Our cat Fifi thought I had made the perfect bed for her out of the leftover fabric. Now I'll have to clean it before using it on my next project.



Then I started on my next project, a bookbag similar to the previous one but larger and with different pockets. I sketched the new design and started the process of sourcing materials. I also battled my scanner to try to scan my sketch correctly. Apparently it has a feature that automatically "straightens" polygons it deems to be crooked. I have to admit the scanner won this battle, but I'll get it sooner or later.


1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Maureen! The dustbag IS super-posh looking. Love that Fifi...she has good taste:)

    ReplyDelete