Sunday, June 6, 2010

#51 materials and pattern drafting

Early this week I requested leather samples to be sent to me. This made me nervous because my salesperson in New York talks very fast with a heavy accent, and when I talk to her it seems like she's not listening very well. But on Saturday I got some really beautiful swatches in the mail. Three cheers for Ana!

I stitched some of the samples to show what they would look like on a bag. I also included a couple of pieces of canvas, which my customer had requested to see. I met with my customer, and he approved of my sketch from last week. In the photo below, he chose the bottom combination of materials for his bag. The small square piece on top of the swatch is the leather I use for the Denver Couture nameplate, which will be numbered 51. I will now order the leather and wait for it to arrive.




I also started the process of drafting pattern pieces. This bag is similar to the previous bookbag, but it will require new pattern pieces for the new size. All the stitching holes are marked on the pattern, and their placement is carefully calculated. This will be time-consuming and will keep me busy until I have acquired all the materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment